This feature is only available for Linux and Windows Shared Hosting Plans. (Single Domain, Multi Domain and Reseller Hosting).
Before you start
Before changing the primary domain of your account, there are some important steps to follow to safeguard your account and ensure a smooth transition.
- We recommend that you take a backup of the website content and databases and download them.
- CMS installations (like Wordpress/Joomla) can break when you change your primary domain. Make sure you have a proper backup of the content and database.
- If you have added the new domain name as an Alias or Addon or Parked domain, you need to delete it before using this domain name. Ensure you take a backup of any content before deleting it.
Change the domain name in the Control Panel
Step 1: Log in to your Control Panel. Learn how.
Step 2: Navigate to the Order Information view.
Type the Domain Name of the order in the search field on the homepage, select Order from the drop down and click on Search.
Step 3: Change the domain name.
Click on Change Domain.
Enter the new Domain name and click on Save.
Click on OK to close the notification.
- You can check the status of the request by viewing the action history. Learn how.
- Changing the primary domain of a Hosting plan will also affect the following:
- Primary domain of the main cPanel account
- CMS configuration
- Email Accounts and Email forwarders
- WHMCS setup
- SSL installation on the primary domain name
- In case you wish to setup WHMCS again, the license will have to be reissued. Contact our support team at https://xband.enterprises/ to get the WHMCS license reissued.
- The primary username of the hosting plan will not be changed.
For a standalone Hosting package (i,e you do not have the domain registered with us) , if the current domain has any free services enabled in the system (DNS or Domain forwarding), you will encounter the below error message.Error Message
Unable to modify domain as free services are enabled. Contact support to disable these services.
In case you still wish to modify the primary domain, contact our support team at https://xband.enterprises/ to disable these free services.
If the new domain name that you want to assign to the package, already has a similar hosting package in the system, you will not be able to assign this domain primary domain.
Example: If there is an existing Single Domain Linux Hosting package for mydomain.com, you cannot change the primary Domain name of another Single Domain Linux Hosting package to mydomain.com.
- The primary domain name of the hosting package cannot be modified if the new domain does not exist in your account. You will need to use a domain that you have registered in your account.
- The primary domain name of the hosting package cannot be modified, if the new domain is already hosted on the same server under a different hosting package.